There are a number of day trips available;
- a drive through to Port Underwood, and Rarangi on one of Marlborough’s Treasury pathways;
- a drive through the Grove Arm to view the bottom section of the Queen Charlotte Sound with a visit to the Outward Bound School in Anakiwa and Havelock for some world class green mussels;
- visits to other water only access resorts in the Marlborough Sounds by prior arrangement;
- eco tours with dolphins, sea birds and seals, depending on the season in the sounds, with a visit to Motuara Island Bird Sanctuary to view conservation programs for the rare Maud Island Frog, Saddleback and Okarito Brown Kiwi. See bush robins, bell birds, pigeons and penguins.
By prior arrangement with your hosts;
- Queen Charolette mail boat crusie with Beachcomber Cruises here.
- Dolphin Water Eco Tours – Join highly qualified marine biologists in search of Dusky Dolphins, Bottlenose, Common Dolphins and rare Hector’s Dolphins that frequent the majestic Marlborough Sounds. www.e-ko.nz
- The Sounds Connection – Based in Marlborough we are positioned as the leading providers of quality tours of the Marlborough region of New Zealand. Tours include visits to local wineries, arts and crafts, transport requirements and at sea. Private charters on both the sea and land are popular options. www.soundsconnection.co.nz
- Marlborough Sounds Adventure co. Specialises in guided, independent sea kayaking, walking, hiking and mountain biking tours. www.marlboroughsounds.co.nz
- Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre www.omaka.org.nz
Any bookings made on a Guests behalf will be charged to the Guest by prior arrangements and is subject to weather and available space.
$50 / Per Instance / Per Guest